Sunday, June 19, 2011

Food Diary: June 19, 2011

Food Diary. After eating an asparagus and sun-dried tomato tofu scramble, I was still hungry. So I just cut up a mango, washed some cherries and ate. Perfect way to take the edge off of the hunger mites.

Cherries and mango are a great combination because they both belong to the Sub-Acid Fruit family. My girls saw how good the food looked, so they just started helping themselves to it. I didn't ask them if they wanted any.

When my youngest saw me eating a juicy plum the other day, she said she wanted one. "Don't cut it!" she yelled at me. I knew she'd be messy, but what the hay, how could I deny her the experience of biting into a juicy plum, therefore eliciting the primordial/primitive (choose one) nature of our hunter/gatherer forebears. Speaking of primitive peoples, I just heard about Survivorman's new show on the OLN called Beyond Survival where he lives with today's "hunter-gatherers." Can't wait to check it out. I want to see what these peeps eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment